Friday, July 13, 2012

The beauty of aged silver

I don't know about you ,but I am in love with aged silver and have been for quite
some time. Shh...don't tell hubby because he might get a tad jealous. :)

I took my bff out for her birthday lunch yesterday and while in a local town
I picked up these gorgeous spoons at a new little store that we found called
The Bees Knees.
50 cents each or 3 for $1.00!! I was instantly smitten and started digging through
the pile. I almost yelled when I found three spoons with crowns on them.
Can you say L.O.V.E. ??? 

I often wonder what stories they could tell us? Wouldn't it be amazing to be able
to look into the past and see how and where these were used?

So much beauty...yes I picked out the neatest ones. :)

Do you love old silver as much as I do?

I think I just may have to go back soon and dig around some more!

Have a beautiful weekend ahead and go out and celebrate life!!

11 comments:

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

I do love silver as much as you:) Whenever I see a pretty piece and the price is right I add it to my collection. I love the large serving spoons too, just sooo pretty:)
~Debra xxx
capers of the vintage vixens

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

I love them too Sandi. I even had a bunch of shabbier ones that I could not part with so my hubby drilled holes in the handles and made a wind chime for me.

Amy Kinser said...

I love the spoons you found. And, yes, I love old silver also. So beautiful.

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Love old silver....

Shabby chic Sandy said...

The silver is so pretty..and I bet has such a story to tell!

Amanda Kaake said...

Beautiful!

Irene said...

Nice choices. I don't know if I love it as much as you do, and I just don't have anymore house left, but I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself.

Susie said...

Sandi, Yes, I love old silver spoons and trays ,you name it. I have been thinking of you for two days now...the french flea market is at horton's in Tipton this weekend. I know you love that kind of thing and I missed you last year. xo, Susie

Lady Pamela said...

Beautiful photos, Sandi. I scored well on my last thrift store shop with my sister. I am glad you had so much fun.
*Hugs*

Sweet Old Vintage said...

It is so very hard to watch the crops in your fields and your yards that you love dying....I have lost about everything I planted in the ground and some of my other landscaping plants.. Leaves are falling now like it is September and filling the pool... I am trying to keep my spirits up and it seems to be a slow process. I am sure something will happen next week... Hopefully some kind of answers.... I hope your mom can find some way to ease the pain she is having...it is hard in the aging process.. Everyone wants to get to retirement but with it usually comes the failing of health, which takes away all the splendor...Even though I am struggling and facing surgery.. I am still feeling very blessed.... Prayers for your mom... I will be attending church tonight and will have many moments to add special prayers....I saw and friend today also that was recently given the news of cancer and is through her first surgery and said she is feeling much better.... It is very hard when you are not well.... Today is getting hot with a forecast of extreme heat agin next week. What is happening to our area? I have never see anything quite like this year.... Sending best wishes.... And pray for rain...

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Me too! Me too!
These are some beauties!